Locked doors...

I recall once when my mother told me that she had locked herself in the bathroom just to eat a candy bar and have a moments peace. I thought, "how funny?" And today I was doing the very same thing minus the candy bar. I locked the bathroom door as I heard echoes of "Where's Mommy?," "Mommy where are you?," and "Why do you have the door locked?" I just sat there quietly for just a few minutes, took a deep breather then unlocked the door to finish the day. Despite how crazy it might sound...it worked. I felt better and managed to get most of the house tidy enough for guest this evening. Thank goodness for door locks!

Comments

Oh how refreshing to see that it is completely normal to feel this way. It's been a while since we've seen you but I saw your name on Lindsey's blog and have enjoyed seeing how big your boys (now 3) are. You just had Tipton when we moved out of the Grove Park Ward. I have fond memories of little Liam in Nursery when I served there. Full of energy, so I can understand your weariness. Anyhow... hope you guys are doing great!
Karie & Nathan Whitaker
Lindsey Rose said…
Laura,
This is great! I have actually done the same thing. I was really going to the bathroom, but after that I just sat in there for a few minutes by myself. It is great to know that all moms need a little me time every once and a while, and if it has to be in the bathroom, so be it.
Lindsey Rose said…
Laura,
This is great! I have actually done the same thing. I was really going to the bathroom, but after that I just sat in there for a few minutes by myself. It is great to know that all moms need a little me time every once and a while, and if it has to be in the bathroom, so be it.