One of those days!

Today was one of those days...I kept reminding myself that I love my children yet, I was using all my might not to strangle them. Poor Hyrum must be teething. He had a runny nose and cried all day long unless he was chewing his Tylenol lid and I was holding him. Yes, I got very little done. On top of that, I decided not to enforce my children's chores on them this morning and wanted to let them choose to do it---yeah right. This is about my 50th system in place on getting the boys to do a little around the house. Right now we are on the point system. It has been working well. So I was sure today would be no different and they wouldn't go long without TV, computer games, a movie or whatever rewards come with so many points earned. I was wrong. It just got worse. My house just got messier by the minute and the boys couldn't decide if they wanted to beat each other up or be best friends! AHHHH! I was so frustrated I made them do their chores anyway (for zero points) and I threatened to take all their toys away if they didn't get the playroom cleaned. Needless to say, I actually confiscated almost all their toys (I left the educational ones) and placed them in the attic. They have no idea where their toys are...they think I threw them away. I know I'm so bad but by 4:30 this afternoon my kids were no longer fighting, my house was almost clean, and they did whatever I asked them to do. Tomorrow I pray for a better day.

Comments

The Flynn's said…
hmmm, sounds familiar!
Yo Mama said…
I'm sorry about such a frustrating day! I hate it when my kids give me the run around. I can definately relate. But you know what they say? - - - boys are harder when they are younger and easier when they are older. Let's hope so, for our sake, huh?
Flynn Fam 6 said…
I remember those gool 'ol days when the kids were young!! Really enjoy it while you can cause when they're older you'll be dealing with much more difficult issues:) They are adorable boys, gotta love 'em!!!!