It's not the flu...

Well, after a long weekend of congestion and coughing I am finally back on board. Today's list: Monday, laundry day and all the extra sanitizing that needs to be done. Thankfully, I DID NOT have the flu but some other yucky virus. I had just heard of so many people getting pneumonia that I figured with 3 kids I just don't have the time to get very sick. So I quickly went to the doctor when I was sure at this point that I probably had bronchitis, strep, or an ear infection. They were all killing me. The test was clear for the flu and everything else. He said to go home and rest. It was a weekend, Jarom didn't have to work, and so that's what I tried to do. Unfortunately, poor Jarom. I know he tries but if I were to die I really hope he has an excellent life insurance policy on me! Since it was the first of March I would normally head out to do some grocery shopping (since the kitchen was bare) but it was just going to have to wait. Jarom gained the courage and went to buy the essentials...milk, eggs, and baby food, oh and Krispy Kreme doughnuts. You can probably fill in the blanks for the weekend meals. Jarom also had to change Hyrum's diaper for the FIRST time since he's been born and managed to be just fine.
The more I have thought about it being sick seems terrible but really not so bad. Sometimes I feel like my body is trying to tell me to rest but I keep going. When I finally do take a break (even if it's because I'm sick) I always feel so much better. And not just that, sometimes as stay at home mom's I think we can feel a little unappreciated. Well, get sick! You will quickly see how much you are needed and that the family just can't function without you. They still may not say it but don't actions speak louder than words?

Comments

Mary Mitchell said…
How old is Hyrum?! Sounds like Jarom owes you PLENTY of diaper changes.
I'm amazed how we all have similar experiences. This very same thing happened to me just recently. Nathan was sick two weeks ago, then two weeks later I got sick and needed to rest and he wasn't as "comfortable" doing 100% of the "mommy" tasks and he realized real quick how much I do. I was amazed at how little sleep and rest I was able to get yet Heavenly Father blessed me to overcome my sickness and get on with taking care of the family. Of course, I let him know how appreciative I was for good health and how essential it was for our family.

First time he changed his diaper and he's 9 months??? Wow! You do, do alot!