Busy

Haven't posted much lately. I try to have a picture to make it more interesting but what the heck?!
Saturday was Liam's soccer game and he is doing so good! He is very fast and has inherited the amazing Flynn tongue power (he sticks it out while he runs). I'm sure it makes him run faster. He scored the first goal of the game and blocked three goals from the other team. He was on fire! I think we've got a little athlete on our hands.
Earlier Saturday our neighborhood had a yard sale and it rained. I didn't make much of anything. Anybody need a table? But just enough for after the soccer game for me not to have cook dinner and eat cheap at Sam's. Any thing's better than cooking some days.
The trip to Sam's was great because Jarom was in one of his "spending moods" apparently and he bought me a new stainless steel pan set. I love it! Just another reason why I love my hubby.
Sunday, we headed to Chattanooga for my Dad's 60th birthday party. It was suppose to be a surprise but due to some illness we had to cancel the surprise. It still turned out great and he was still surprised with the gift that all the kids got for him. We put together a book of the past 60 years of his life and we all wrote memories and why we loved him. He was almost in tears and completely shocked and thrilled with the gift. It was almost magical seeing his face and excitement. Happy Birthday Dad. We love you.
Now we are back at home into our everyday living and projects. Home ownership has taken a toll on us the past few weeks. We have had to replace a window, leak in the irrigation system, sheet metal replaced on the fascia board, birds building a nest in our dryer vent and having to replace that, car trouble, and trying to find a decent price on pine straw mulch for our back yard. Then I think to myself, at least I have a home. I have no room to complain.

Comments

Lindsey Rose said…
I am soo excited about your new pans! Hooray for Jarom and the spending mood.
Flynn Fam 6 said…
Hey glad the party and book turned out and he liked it. I just got our $5 mailed to John this week. Pans, ya I need some real bad but I hate spending $ on things like that. I would rather spend it on new summer clothes and flip flops ;) Well have a good week. If you find any airline deals out of SL let us know. We are planning on a Wed-Wed trip for the Alabama game. Keep your eyes pealed for us. We will fly out of SL and Ashley will fly out of L.A. or Burbank.
Hannah Ashmore said…
Glad yall could come down last weekend. Tell Tipton I said hi. He sure is a cutie!
Melissa Hodgen said…
Congrats on your new pots and pans! Sams is a great place for dinner. Shannon's even put in a special requst for it before (cinn pretzels).
Glad to hear your dad had such a wonderful birthday. We did something similar for my dad (Memories of Mark) and he keeps it in his nightstand.