Since I have started blogging it has become quite the addiction for me. I definitely have to keep myself from not always thinking in terms of blog worthy or not. Still it has forced me to take pictures and actually keep a record of my life, which has to be good. The other great thing about it is that it helps me keep in touch with so many friends. Even better, I've found friends that I had lost contact with over the years. Two of those people are my old roommates from Ricks College. Even though I was only there for one semester (because I got married) I remember Sara and Candace the most.

Candace was my "roomy" roommate. The first time I had talked to her on the phone I knew that we would be great friends. We were physically complete opposites. She was tall, with clear olive skin, long, naturally curly hair, and skinny. I was (still am) short, fair skinned, short, straight hair, and round! She taught me the roll-out-of -your-bed-directly-to-your-knees to remember to say your prayers every morning. She taught me the importance of many things. She was an excellent cook and kept me from starving. She didn't hate me because I blew up one of her pans (that's another story). I remember the many rides we would take together to BYU to go see our beaus, especially the big Cadillac! She was so good to me. Once I was fighting with Jarom and was crying and she came and got out of her bed and squeezed into mine to make me feel better. I will never forget that time. She loved Eddie Bauer. She never complained about my messes!


Sara, I was so excited to find her blog. She was the nicest, sweetest, most soft spoken person I had ever met. She would rarely get mad. I can't even recall her getting mad. I was amazed that she could ride a unicycle! She introduced me to Ta-boe. It was so funny when we would do the exercises it would make the apartment below us so mad. We both were in the same boat saying we were going to "wait" for our missionaries...didn't happen. Probably good for the both of us! She was just so laid back. She would always let me borrow her clothes. Overall, she was so thoughtful. I still have the letter she wrote to me when I left to go get hitched. She managed to make time for everyone. She always made me feel important.

Most importantly I remember what strong testimonies these women had. Today I am so excited to have their blogs to read and see them with their wonderful families. Now here we all are stay-at-home mom's with our beautiful children. Thank goodness for modern technology and thank goodness for that one semester at Ricks College!

Comments

Candace said…
Laura--

You are too sweet and remember a lot. I forgot you blew up that pan of mine...not a big deal obviously. Look at us now...we have kids! Those were the days...You are by far one of the kindest people I know...I still consider you a great friend.