Gardening 101
This year I had my mind made up to plant a garden. Didn't have a spot but I found one. Finally, a month and a half later I have finished getting everything planted. I find gardening to be very intimidating as a beginner. I was going to originally just by everything already in a pot but I'm too cheap and decided to go ahead with just seeds. By the time I got home I was sure I had lost my mind. I had no idea what I was doing and thought maybe next. Thankfully, after a few pep/instruction talks with my mom and mother-in-law and some donated Miracle-Gro (thanks Gloria) I realized I've got to start sometime. The boys have helped me plant most of everything and love watering. It's the hill that kills us. We should be in excellent shape when this is all over with! Hopefully, everything will come up and we will be able to enjoy something that we planted.
As to the rest of our yard....well, something that was once beautifully landscaped and professionally cared for is not so easy to keep. This year I have been determined to help things survive and make a few things my own. Oh, and Roundup is my new best friend. I recently dug up a whole bunch of junipers and planted red begonias in their place. I'm very excited about this. If they actually grow they will be beautiful!!!



As to the rest of our yard....well, something that was once beautifully landscaped and professionally cared for is not so easy to keep. This year I have been determined to help things survive and make a few things my own. Oh, and Roundup is my new best friend. I recently dug up a whole bunch of junipers and planted red begonias in their place. I'm very excited about this. If they actually grow they will be beautiful!!!
1) Our Little Garden 2) The backyard..still needs lots of work 3) My Begonias!
Comments