I love this day the most!

The other day I had to take poor Liam to have a wart removed (well, a little bit of it anyway). He was very nervous and tried to be as tough as possible. He had to go see a dermatologist instead of the pediatrician because it was so bad. Not the most exciting time of my life. This was definitely a cosmetic place (by the looks of the other patients) and nothing in the waiting room was child proof! Very modern, with all glass tables, a decorative tree with glass ornaments, and lots more glass...need I say more. After an HOUR in the waiting room and then another 15 in the patient room I was ready to go. Did I mention I had all three boys with me? Anyway, long story short, we survived. Liam didn't cry through the whole freezing process it was afterwards that he just about died.
In return for their long wait for an early morning, for not breaking anything, and for trying to be on their best behavior, I decided to reward them with a fun lunch at Mickey-D's (mackle-donald as Tipton would say). I'm so darn cheap that I really didn't want to but did anyway. The closest one did not have a playground but they didn't seem to mind and Liam couldn't play (the wart was on his toe). The McDonald's happen to be right by the $1 movie and Spiderwick Chronicles was playing. I had been telling them I would take them so, after a fun time with food and relaxation we headed to the movies. The boys loved it...little scary...but they loved it! Quoted it the whole way home.
What actually made this day so great though was that what I considered to be an exhausting, expensive day and somewhat traumatic for Liam, as soon as we walked out of the theatre he said, "I love this day the most." I realized my mind was way out of whack! They didn't' need a playground at McD's, Liam forgot about his wart, they just wanted to be out for a change and be with me. So it cost me some change but the boys will remember this time. After that, I thought it was worth every penny!

Comments

Flynn Fam 6 said…
What a fun time! Gavin had a wart on his little baby finger he had removed. He cried and hated every second of it! What a brave boy not to fuss:) We took all the kids to that show and it was scarey but we all loved it. We thought it was a great movie. Blake read the book and said the book was better, of course! Sometimes it is so menatinus just being at home day after day. So glad to hear they had a super great fun day:)
Unknown said…
Man, that day does sound great! I love the Dollar Movie.
It's nice to hear that they appreciated these activities. I definitely believe if these times are rare they will remember them. I know a family, a dad, who reserved french fries from "Mackle Donald's" as a treat with his little girl. Sweet!
kristi lee said…
I LOVE those kind of days!
Mary Mitchell said…
Isn't your husband a lawyer? Get your kids a Happy Meal!