Ketchikan, Alaska


This is Creek Street the famous little place in Ketchikan. All the little shops and eating areas are built right on the water. Very cute (and Jarom would say the same, ha! ah!). We didn't have but half a day here so we didn't do much sight seeing. It was OK because it was raining which is no surprise for Alaska. I learned that it is considered a temperate rain forest. They see lots of rain up there.
We thought we would be adventurous and go snorkeling while in Ketchikan. Yes, it was cold. We had special wet suits that were suppose to control your body temperature but right at about an hour it was getting pretty cold. The water was probably about 46 degrees. Our lips were pretty much the only thing exposed to the water and mine were so cold they were chapped for the rest of the week. Lovely.

If I had an underwater camera I would have gotten lots of pics of about 5 different species of star fish, sea cucumbers, sea urchins, Turkish kelp, and thousands of jelly fish! Jarom and I have never been snorkeling before and aren't big beach people so this was quite the experience. We had a fun time.



Comments

Yo Mama said…
Your trip sounded like so much fun. I would love to do that some day. What a woman! It looked so beautiful. You should tell Shaf, he would be so jealous.