We're Back!

Well, it's taking me a while to get my blog updated for anyone out there who cares. Sad to be back from vacation just for the fact it seems so hard to get back into routine. After being pampered for a week it's hard to come home to cook and clean. Nonetheless, I'm happy to be home and be back with my boys.

Jarom and I took a cruise to Alaska and it was great! It's very hard to describe the scenery. You just have to see it for yourself and all it's beauty. We DID NOT go with the boys so it was like a second honeymoon (actually we have never vacationed with our boys that's on our to do list). A lot of people thought we were on our honeymoon and were pretty much shocked to hear that we had been married for almost 9 years and had three children. The shock was quite entertaining. To sum it all up we had a great time. It was cold and beautiful.

Our first stop was in Vancouver, BC. We loved this city! I had no idea it was so huge, first of all, and secondly a place full of all the big name shopping, Gucci, Tiffany and CO., Valentina just to name a few. It was clean. Lots of trees, evergreen trees. I call them the "Rockette" trees because they were all so tall, slender and would move to the wind all together perfectly. It really was like watching the trees dance. We spent a day and half here before the cruise left. We spent most of our time at Stanley Park.

Some of the many totem poles that we saw. Neat but I find them quite ugly.

The beautiful city of Vancouver. I expected the city to be pretty much just like any other American city even though it's technically Canadian. I was surprised of how much European influence is still there.

BAD picture, I know! But it was a black squirrel and we don't have those in the South so I thought it was pretty cool.

Jarom and me at Stanley Park. The trees were huge and the forest were amazing.

What to expect in Vancouver...everyone rides bikes, walks, and roller blades. As you can imagine not many plump, round people there. Great shopping, lots of parks, expensive, the mountains, and the beach. Vacation probably could have ended there.

Comments

kristi lee said…
Welcome back, my dear! I've missed you. . .or your blog at least!

So glad you had a great trip. We've only done vacations with the kiddos (and I vow every time that we won't do it again) and never on our own. We SOOOO need to but I don't see that happening ANY time soon.

I'll live through your trips!
Lindsey Rose said…
Glad you are back and that you had a good time!
Mary Ann said…
looks like a good vacation if you ask me!
Flynn Fam 6 said…
Oh wow, sorry! I had just assumed you had a family vacation. Guess I spoke to soon :)