
Not much to this town, only about 1000 people, most are only here for summer jobs. Here we are at the Summit (the highest point) on the
Alaskan Hwy and around the corner is Canada. We are nice, dry and freezing preparing for a 15 mile bike ride down the mountain. When we reached the bottom we were wet and still cold. Well,
Jarom claims that he wasn't cold but he had double gloves. But our jeans were pretty wet from the ride down. We also had to go through border customs on our bikes which seemed kind of funny.
Lessons learned on this adventure: 1)If you do not ride a bike regularly be prepared for what I call "
biker's bottom." The next day between my legs were so soar. I felt like I had just delivered a baby! Ouch! 2) Wear eye gear. I never wear sunglasses (hate them). But this would have been a good time. When you are going down a mountain, with traffic and steep drop off, when it rains you can not see where you are going, seriously!

In the distance you can see the road around the mountain that we biked down. For all my triathlete brothers, you should be proud!
Comments