School days, school days
Liam is now full gun-ho in school and seems to like it so far. The first things he always tells me when I pick him up is how many friends he has and what he ate for lunch. The friend thing is VERY important to Liam, and apparently the food thing is too because he always lets me know that he ate a fruit and vegetable even if it didn't taste very good. That's my boy. He already complains about homework (even if it is only one worksheet a night) and decided to not bring his folder home altogether by the third day. So, today he wasn't too happy to be doing MORE homework.
The school thing is becoming quite an adjustment for the whole family. A very fun yet tiring stage in our lives. Liam is a slow eater and I insist that he eat something other than cereal every other morning for breakfast therefore requiring him to get up EARLY. Much earlier than normal. I try to keep the other boys in bed but once the excitement is going everyone wants to be awake...except me. But here it is Thursday and we are finally starting to adjust to the early mornings, early breakfast, and all the other "hustle and bustle" to begin the day. AS much as I like my laid back mornings, I'm enjoying getting everything going and just "getting it done." But by 1:00 we're all ready to just sit and nap for a few minutes.
The school thing is becoming quite an adjustment for the whole family. A very fun yet tiring stage in our lives. Liam is a slow eater and I insist that he eat something other than cereal every other morning for breakfast therefore requiring him to get up EARLY. Much earlier than normal. I try to keep the other boys in bed but once the excitement is going everyone wants to be awake...except me. But here it is Thursday and we are finally starting to adjust to the early mornings, early breakfast, and all the other "hustle and bustle" to begin the day. AS much as I like my laid back mornings, I'm enjoying getting everything going and just "getting it done." But by 1:00 we're all ready to just sit and nap for a few minutes.
Comments