FHE

Last night we promised the boys that we would go to the Duck Pond for Family Home Evening. They were so excited and couldn't wait. Despite all the bird poop it was a fun time.

There were a few greedy geese. One was biting the others and chasing them if they got bread and not him. It was very funny.





Hyrum stayed close to Jarom. He wasn't quite sure of what to think of them.

Every time we gave Hyrum bread to feed the ducks he just fed himself.


Our favorite part...chasing the geese!

Comments

Lindsey Rose said…
What!!!!!!!!!!! That is what we did for FHE last night! Are you kidding me that we didn't see you? Crazy, there was a ton of poop, we had to clean the stoller wheels after we left!
Mary Ann said…
What a great activity! Reminds me of that little park in Athens. Geese can be nasty sometimes though.
Mary Ann said…
Does your family like cabbage? This is one way I use kielbasa that even Matt likes.
You cut the kielbasa in bite size pieces and brown it in a little oil over high heat. Add a head of cabbage that has been quartered and sliced crosswise in 1-inch piecs. Cook about 5 minutes and then add 1 Tbls or more of soy sauce and salt and pepper. Cook for another minute or two and the cabbage should be wilted down. This is a fast one, that we really like. You can also add other veggies when you add the cabbage if you want. I also make jambalaya with kielbasa and have a couscous with veggies and kielbasa recipe that I could type up and send you.
Hope this helps!
Mary Ann said…
Oh and a super yummy cassoulet with kielbasa, chicken and beans. Let me know if you are interested in these and I can email them to you.
Mary Ann said…
hi, me again. I just read your comment again and thought maybe I misunderstood you. Do you want me to try a recipe for you and let you know if it is good? If so, send the recipe over. This is the last comment from me (I think)
Mary Ann said…
Send me the recipe and I will throw it into next weeks meal plan! mattymare33@yahoo.com
The Flynn's said…
Oh man, why do kids LOVE duck ponds. They're so nasty. Memorial Park is Athens got pretty gross. We have one here in Cartersville too and it's pretty bad BUT the kids love em!