'tis the gift to be simple...




I've had a lot of things on my mind lately but hardly a moment to get all down. Especially those ones that are like, "Ahh-hah!" and then you forget it as soon as...what was I talking about? Exactly! That's how it's been but tonight despite my tiredness I had to take moment and really remember how I experienced the Christmas Spirit today.



My boys are great but like most kids they think about what THEY want not really about anything else. Yesterday, we went and bought some gifts for a little girl. They didn't seem to involved at the time but today that was all they talked about. Tipton can't wait to take her her gifts and hopes we got her enough (so sweet). Liam wants to help wrap the presents. I thought that maybe this will leave a real impression. Then the giving just kept coming. Out came the notebook paper, scissors, pencils, crayons, and glue stick. They made everyone a gift including Dino (Tipton's imaginary friend). It made me feel so good that they were having so much fun! Eventually, it all ended with the best idea yet...they wrapped their hot wheels for Hyrum to give for Christmas. They figured he would never know they were missing in the playroom and he loves cars. The truth, Hyrum won't notice and will love the cars.



There is nothing like a simple gift from the heart. I just LOVE Christmas.

Comments

Teresa Johnson said…
Cute! Don't kids just bring out the Christmas Spirit!
Flynn Fam 6 said…
Gavin does this alllllll the time! It kind of drives me nuts beause before to long every item in your house it wrapped, including all the loose change, HA!