The blessings of a child

Hyrum also Hiram (hi-rum) : Exalted brother. Hebrew origin.

The other night, Hyrum saved his bigger brothers from their own mother! I was tired, losing my patients and felt like the Little Old Lady Who Lived in a Shoe. I wanted to spank them all and put them straight to bed! I also wanted the playroom clean and it wasn't getting done. After 30 minutes and still no clean room, my voice began to raise along with my temperature, threats were flying from my mouth. By the look of Liam and Tipton's face I was sure steam was coming from my ears. Liam decides he doesn't want any of his Lego's (that I just grounded him from) and then I see Lego pieces flying everywhere! Yes, everywhere! Now it was like a cartoon I know my head was whistling with steam.
So what does any of this have to do with Hyrum? During this little bit of what I call "serious need of anger management" Hyrum is laughing. You know that cute little 19 month old laugh that little kids have. Sweet. Innocent. And seeing things as they really are. I wasn't solving any problems or making things go faster. I was simply just making my kids think, "Who is this woman and what did you do with my mommy?" I just couldn't be angry anymore. I even almost had to laugh myself. Thank you sweet Hyrum.
...Well, I finally got the boys to bed. Jarom was still gone playing b-ball and was on my way to clean up the kitchen. Broom in my hand. I sit down to see what's on the tube while I work. Let's just say that The Biggest Loser is addicting and an emotional roller-coaster. I just couldn't manage to get up. So, I sat there for 2 hours with the broom still in my hands and tears in my eyes. Jarom walks in the door. Kitchen still dirty. This was definitely a day to improve upon.

Comments

kristi lee said…
I have those days all the time...it makes it EASY to make the next day just a little better when the previous has gone to the crapper!
Mary Mitchell said…
So glad I'm not the only one who cries during the Biggest Loser! I love this post =)
BiblioBags said…
A day to improve upon? Are you kidding? Your children are still alive! I figure any day I don't chuck Charlie out the window a good day. You are an awesome mom and you have nothing to feel bad about!

Although, right now I have plenty of steam coming out of my ears. that's why I'm on the computer . . . I just had to leave the situation! More like stomp out of the situation . . .
noelle said…
ah yes. what mother doesn't know these days...