Why not?....Everyone else is!
I've delayed this blog for a couple of reasons. One, I've been greatly distracted reading the Twilight saga. Two, well everybody and their mother has posted about their Easter and thought maybe I could do without. Three, everyone else blog made me very aware of everything I DON'T do. Maybe I was feeling a little guilty. Hmph.


I don't do the Easter Bunny, Easter baskets, new Sunday outfits (that one's not by choice) or anything to that effect. I do the hunt and that pretty much sums it up. I felt pretty bad when the boys where surrounded by kids getting "gifts" at Easter and they had nada. Yeah, I felt like the loser. But it's just now what I do. Santa is it! I'm such a bore.
On Sunday I can't even say that I got that much from the "probably" wonderful talks that were prepared. Hyrum decided to by wired and entertain all his cousins throughout sacrament. So much for reverence.
However, I find that the Lord no doubt lives and loves me and helped me still to experience what Easter is about. Family. It always seems to come to that conclusion. Even though I didn't hear, I saw. The Atonement has made eternal families possible and as we gathered together with Jarom's family. It was a little piece of Heaven. It was very peaceful. Who needed a gift basket. I was surrounded by those who the Atonement hardly apply and those who truly apply it everyday. It was a powerful witness.

There was terrible storm with some tornadoes in Tennessee and some strong winds in other areas. Thankfully not Tornadoes for us but still lots of trees, hugs trees, were uprooted and destroyed. The kids thought it was cool!
Comments
And families DO not need new clothes every year or chocolate easter bunnies.
on another note, the boys missed doing an egg hunt this year, so maybe i'll do one next week and just call it "spring" egg hunting! :)
I felt justified in the way we leave out all the "worldly" festivities on holidays when I read you do the same. I like it this way better. Sometimes it gets intimidating when others think we're depriving our kids of candy, gifts, and other "things". However, I truly believe by living simply we will have fewer regrets when we look back on the memories we've made with our children. I remember maybe 2 or 3 Christmas and birthday gifts. Easter baskets, forget it. I don't remember anything. My mom would have a fit if I told her that. Her memories are based on what she bought us. As an adult I don't value any of it. I prefer my children growing up with confidence and love for one another and everyone around them- Not become happy based on what material things they receive.
Keep up the good work. Remember you don't have to please anyone but the Lord. I am certain he is quite pleased with your efforts in raising & teaching your three amazingly gifted boys. Their imagination is just one thing that makes it apparent to me that they have a great mom! Sorry for the long comment.