House Projects
Here's where my time has been the past few weeks. It was fun, exhausting and I'm pleased with the results (so far).
Goodbye to the ugly neutral...so they say. I don't think this matches with anything!
Ahhh, the color I was convinced I loved. And I do! It is a beautiful but in small doses. This was too cozy. Maybe suffocating. The rest of the can ended up in my back entry way and half bath. Much better.
Lovely sunshine I can breathe again. This color just makes me happy. Much softer but no pastel. Believe me. My awesomely bad picture taking skills hardly do justice to the true yellow on the wall. Just come visit me and see. The picture on the wall is going to have to be moved.In between painting breaks it was brought to my attention that there was wood all the way across my steps under my carpet. Woo-hoo! That was music to my ears. My carpet was becoming a foot mat for all the traffic from the boys and the neighborhood friends. I couldn't keep the first few steps clean.
I decided to check it out for myself. Next thing I know I've ripped up the carpet. Whoever installed used LOTS of staples. I'm not finished pulling them out yet. My hands are recovering temporarily. :) Jarom wasn't very happy but I think he likes it better because he's not complaining. That's a good sign, yeh? I'm excited.
Here's to my adventures in painting and few tips to go along.
1. Yellows and golds are some of the most difficult colors to choose when picking a color click HERE for help on choosing a color.
2.I love warm colors but not suffocating. You can choose too much of a good thing.
2.I love warm colors but not suffocating. You can choose too much of a good thing.
3. Buy good rollers and brushes. The cheap rollers shed and the thought "warm and fuzzy" is no longer pleasant.
4. Don't waste money on plastic for covering the floor. Just buy a cheap oil cloth tablecloth. You can save it forever, paint doesn't seep through, and it keeps you focused on one area at time while painting. I just slide it along with me as paint. Very handy.
5. Renting scaffolding is a pain. It's really heavy to put together. Don't attempt on your own. It's scary to climb and wobbly. Very glad it's out of my house.
6. Consider talking your husband into hiring a painter when you have 3 kids at home. Less accidents happen. You're at a lower risk of having the neighbors gossip about your parenting because your 2 year old has been found in the street and at other people's homes several times.
7. Bring the nasty outdoor toys in so your 2 year old won't be tempted to exit the home without permission.
8. Don't attempt to potty train while painting.
9. Keep Hot wheels away from wet paint or magically tiny tire marks will start appearing on the walls.
10.I love Sherwin Williams Super Paint. It paints beautifully.
Comments