Potty Training

You know it's time to start potty training when you walk into the kitchen and find this...

This is Hyrum's new outfit (note the missing bottom half). He's decided that he doesn't always want to wear a diaper or pants and just takes them off.

First reaction, check the house everywhere. There is bound to be some yuckiness found somewhere.

Nope.

Second, invite him to visit the potty. Have the big bros show him how it's done. (Warning this can get way out of hand if not monitored). Excitement kicks in. I always hated cleaning bathrooms.

Third, don't push it. He's been pretty inconsistent using the potty but he just turned two. I've let all the boys do this on THEIR terms. It's a lot less stressful. I don't think it will be long and I will be free from diapers. Ahhh, visions of a new dress...shoes...cute shirt...the possibilities.

Comments

kristi lee said…
For REALS...that extra dough could be spent on such cuter items!!
Lindsey Rose said…
and maybe a baby?? I am hoping right?
Lucky you. Connor is showing very LITTLE interest in potty training. But I am doing it like you said.....on his terms, so we will see!
BiblioBags said…
Yikes, that is young! I've put Charlie on the potty a couple of times (he got "the look" while he was in the tub) and he got so freaked out. Of course, maybe it would help if he wasn't dripping wet, naked and cold when I put him on there!
Donna said…
I love it!
Melissa Hodgen said…
Bare bums are made for pinching! That's how I keep Shannon modest. TMI? I bet you're a pro at potty training now. I'll be calling you when it comes time to train Adam because I know NOTHTING about boys!
Katina Angola said…
We are having such a hard time potty training. oh the stress!!!
noelle said…
potty training is the bane of my existence. i think it's very, very wise to let them do it on their own terms, friend. very wise.
Woo hoo!!! Hope your done with diapers soon. Alex has been walking around lately clinching his bum cheeks saying, "Itchy, itchy" I think when we're outside playing and it gets all hot and sweaty he doesn't like his diaper. He's ready to be out of them. I hope my day will soon come.