Glory, Glory to Ol' Georgia!

Fall is one of my favorite times of year. I love the weather, the beautiful colors, the kick off for a line of fun holidays, which means lots of get-togethers. Then, there is football. I can't say I'm a "die-hard" fan because I can hardly sit down and watch a full quarter on the TV yet, something within me loves that UGA logo and I just can't feel complete without it. Plus, I love the company, the excitement, and school spirit (sounds a little cheerleady but it's true) that surrounds the home. Growing up Friday nights I was cheering at the games and Saturdays the games were on ALL DAY LONG. Only a few things have changed since the good ol' days.

Though Jarom is a BYU fan FIRST my family has converted him to become a pretty dedicated fan to the Red and Black. Now he carries the traditions of UGA ball on Saturday whether at home or in Athens. Each year we go to at least one game as a family.
Going to the games I can handle. Actually I love it! I like noise and there is always plenty of it at a game. I like being in crowds and sometimes I even get a lump in my throat when all the fans are singing, shouting, or chanting in unity. There's just something about that that gets to me. I love the games.
This year was especially fun because the boys were really into the action. They are starting to understand the game and follow the scoreboard. They even learned (including Hyrum) the kickoff chant and the UGA theme song. Two important necessities.
To top off the game we got plenty of "big screen" time at the game. The boys loved being on the big TV at the ball game; we sat with a former UGA player who now plays for the Pittsburgh Steelers; and we WON the game.
GOOOOOO DAWGS!












What's a game without a little "NACHOOOOOOOOOO!"

Comments

Donna said…
Looks like you guys had a great time!
Teresa Johnson said…
I totally know what you mean about the love of football. However, I actually do LOVE it...everything about it...the singing, cheering, noise, chills that I get, etc.! It's the BEST!!! I know that Tennessee has a hill to climb, but I'll always bleed Orange...GO VOLS!!!