Dedicated to Mr. T
This post is for my sweet Tipton, for as a mom, I tend to not give as much of my attention as I should.Tipton made two major leaps last fall that I failed to make record. One, he started preschool. Two, he played soccer (and I volunteered like a crazy person as his coach). Tipton isn't one to just hang out with the crowd unless that crowd is 3 or less. He can talk your head off AFTER he is comfortable with you. Slowly as he has matured he socializes more but still a little quiet for this family! However, Tipton brings such a simple, genius-ness to the home too. He might be quiet but when he speaks or does you are amazed.
Soccer. Tipton played U6 for the first time this year. WE weren't sure how this was going to go. We made sure that he was the only one playing this season so he could be "the star" and not compete with Liam. He loved it. Every game he would go in very focused not paying much attention to his teammates. No time for chatting people! He was actually really good and one of our top scorers. He averaged about 3-4 goals a game. We ended with a 6-2 season. It was so much fun and he really enjoyed it. What a relief. I felt so bad though because with the coaching I didn't get a single picture, didn't have a "team parent" so he didn't get any kind of party or trophy, and my brother had passed away and kind of took away from some of his glory. Despite all my downfalls it was lots of fun spending the season with him and helping him see he is pretty darn skilled!
Preschool. Well, it was really a Parent's Day Out program. I thought he would like it because it was all he talked about doing once Liam started school. First month, he pitched a fit every time he had to go. He really needed to get out of his comfort zone so I said he had to go until Christmas break. Never had a problem afterwards. He played, did crafts, sang songs, colored and worksheets. Things he always talked about wanting to do at home. I thought he was finally liking it. Come Christmas break, he said he quit. What do I say to that? Kindergarten is going to be booger!
Cooking. Recently, helping in the kitchen has been added to their chore list and surprisingly Tipton loves to help me. The other night he diced 6 potatoes for potato soup for me. I could have a little cook on my hands.
Football and Titanic. If these were the only trivia question topics on Jeopardy, he would win. Ask him anything. He can answer. When he wants to learn about something it's full force, 100%.
Sensitivity. This is probably one of my favorite things about Tipton. Sharing has never been much of a problem for him nor his compassion to help his family. He also has a great love for us. When I told him that the baby in my belly had died, he cried. It was very unexpected and I wasn't even sure how to respond. Then he kicked and got angry then cried some more. He asked, "why?" and said it wasn't fair. I couldn't help but want to cry too because of his compassion for this little being. I told him that this baby just needed a body and was so special that it didn't have to prove itself here on earth and could go straight to the Celestial Kingdom to live with Heavenly Father. The baby would wait for us. Tipton thought that was "a really long time to have to wait," but seemed content that the baby was in a great place. It took about a day but he finally found peace.
As a mother, I love my sweet Tipton and what he brings to the table. I'm so thankful for such a great blessing in my life.
Comments