Capturing life's moments

photo courtesy of www.forestwander.com
Spring, oh Spring. The weather is taunting me! Not to mention I currently don't have my camera to catch the bouts of random weather.
Normally I forget I even have a camera but flowers inspire me and make me want to capture every moment.

I think Spring is finally starting to settle in and we are enjoying some of the warm weather and warmer rains. I've already started some of my yard work.

The kids have taken every opportunity to step outside, play and soak up some vitamin D. We've even gotten our first little burn. We're looking more attractive already. In these few days it's been fun watching my boys and being with them outside.

While giving myself some garden therapy and running my hands through dirt, trying to be completely self-absorbed, I have created a child that has been cursed with my gift of gab. I think there should only be ONE of these allowed per family. Instead of playing basketball, running around or just being a boy, he sits with his mom and talks to her the entire time while working. Did he not notice the headphones in my ears? It turned out to be a good talk. We found lots of worms and decided that Tipton is an artist. So he gathered his sidewalk chalk and created masterpieces on the driveway.

Liam on the other hand has inherited my love for listening to music. He had his little CD player hooked up to some speakers, moved it to a window so he could listen while he played b-ball outside. He loves shooting some hoops. I see the NBA in our future.

Hyrum...this boy is out of control some days! He never misses an opportunity to be outside. He was all over the place. I'm starting to think some children should be required to have a license to drive a power-wheel. Did I mention he's all over the place?

And so we have it, the first days of Spring. All in my head because I left my camera at my mom's. Memories nonetheless. I'm glad that I have them even without a physical picture to capture the moment. Sometimes it's just being in the moment. You don't forget those days.

Comments

BiblioBags said…
My poor Mom has 4 Tiptons! We all never shut up. I think Charlie might be the same way . . . whoo boy. Thank heavens for i-Pods . . . especially i-Pod headphones! I wear them on our walks, but I wind up having to hit pause a million times because Charlie will yell every 15 seconds, "Mom! Look at DAT!"
Candace said…
Laura--

We changed our blog name to candaceandcody.blogspot.com. You will need to save that on your reader now.