Spring Break Memory Log
Spring break seems to come and go as quickly as I can say, "fun!" As always we try to do things around town or nearby to save a little moola and not be bored out of our minds. Is it just me or others' children who attend school, when they have the week off if you don't keep them busy they tend to cause problems around the house? Just wondering.
This time our plans were simple but satisfying and still a break from the norm. Mind you I didn't have a camera for the whole time.
We kicked of the week with laundry. I know, what? It was a necessity or we would have to enjoy our further activities naked. My kids wouldn't have mind but the public might have had an issue. Then we planned the rest of our week. Oh, we did get to stay up late.
Tuesday, we enjoyed a day at Toys"R"Us where the boys finally got themselves a good, sturdy, basketball hoop for the back of a door. Got some Little Caesar's Pizza and headed to the park to play. I think the kids could have ended all other plans there. If my door had feelings it would hate me for the b-ball purchase. It gets a regular beating.
Wednesday we played some put-put. This is by far my kids favorite thing to do and are always asking to go. That evening a fun movie at home with "Astro-Boy."
Thursday was an interesting day. It was April 1 and I needed to go to the grocery store. (My grocery budget begins at the beginning of every month and I was broke from March.) I figured I mine as well take the kids and get it over with. A disaster waiting to happen. This time we had a little twist. I created a scavenger hunt at the grocery store. Liam and Tipton each got their own buggy, and I gave them 10-11 items that they had to find in the store and place in their buggy. If they could complete their list I would by them a prize (no more than $2). It doubled my time at the store and thankfully I had my own list because we didn't follow my normal routine through the store. We were back and forth constantly. Sounds hectic but the boys had lots of fun and I got pretty much all my grocery shopping done without losing my mind. Afterwards, we enjoyed some lunch at Sam's. Yummy. They have the best berry ice cream parfaits.
Friday Jarom took the day off. We worked outside for the day mainly. The weather was so beautiful and kind to us all week. It was nice just to be outside. That night we roasted marshmallows, made s'mores, and the boys camped out in the backyard. Tipton and Liam were sure this was the best week of their lives!
Chattanooga changes every time I go down there to visit.
One of my favorite things about Chat-town is that it has been designed so that you can pretty much walk everywhere. Sidewalks connect everywhere. You park your car and walk for the rest of the day. Nice.
Some of the aquarium highlights: forgive my amazing ability to take blurry pics. I was just excited to have my camera back.
more turtles. . . all the turtles were out and there were LOTS
baby gators
the otters
the shark cage that my kids would not be safe in, if it were real
ahh, the penguins. . . they were fun. . . we loved them
the butterfly exhibit
and of course, the catfish. . . who could go to TN and not see a catfish?
It was a fun adventure for the week and the winding down of another school year. Sheesh! I'm about to have a second grader and a kindergartner. Amazing.
This time our plans were simple but satisfying and still a break from the norm. Mind you I didn't have a camera for the whole time.
We kicked of the week with laundry. I know, what? It was a necessity or we would have to enjoy our further activities naked. My kids wouldn't have mind but the public might have had an issue. Then we planned the rest of our week. Oh, we did get to stay up late.
Tuesday, we enjoyed a day at Toys"R"Us where the boys finally got themselves a good, sturdy, basketball hoop for the back of a door. Got some Little Caesar's Pizza and headed to the park to play. I think the kids could have ended all other plans there. If my door had feelings it would hate me for the b-ball purchase. It gets a regular beating.
Wednesday we played some put-put. This is by far my kids favorite thing to do and are always asking to go. That evening a fun movie at home with "Astro-Boy."
Thursday was an interesting day. It was April 1 and I needed to go to the grocery store. (My grocery budget begins at the beginning of every month and I was broke from March.) I figured I mine as well take the kids and get it over with. A disaster waiting to happen. This time we had a little twist. I created a scavenger hunt at the grocery store. Liam and Tipton each got their own buggy, and I gave them 10-11 items that they had to find in the store and place in their buggy. If they could complete their list I would by them a prize (no more than $2). It doubled my time at the store and thankfully I had my own list because we didn't follow my normal routine through the store. We were back and forth constantly. Sounds hectic but the boys had lots of fun and I got pretty much all my grocery shopping done without losing my mind. Afterwards, we enjoyed some lunch at Sam's. Yummy. They have the best berry ice cream parfaits.
Friday Jarom took the day off. We worked outside for the day mainly. The weather was so beautiful and kind to us all week. It was nice just to be outside. That night we roasted marshmallows, made s'mores, and the boys camped out in the backyard. Tipton and Liam were sure this was the best week of their lives!
Come the following Monday, school was still out. I was in desperate need for my camera so we headed down to Chattanooga. My good ol' hometown. Well, technically I'm from Georgia and will always say I'm from Georgia simply because of Southern pride. I don't know? But I grew up about6 minutes from downtown Chattanooga so I guess it counts. Anyway. . . I got all my goods from my Mom and few other goodies and then we headed to the Tennessee Aquarium (thank you Grandmother for the tickets).
Some of the aquarium highlights: forgive my amazing ability to take blurry pics. I was just excited to have my camera back.
the sea turtle.
Comments
The pics of the aquarium made me think of when we went with you guys.
Fun!