More New Mexico

There were so many things planned for the families visiting Philmont. One of the nights was a family parade where you had to introduce your family and carry your banner. Our banner, I can at least say, met somewhere in the middle with skill. Liam did a great job with his young southern accent introducing the family. Welcome to Cimmarron! This is one of the smallest towns I have ever visited. What made the place to great was the $1 ice cream. I, of course, had visited the town earlier without the fam so I brought them back later when I approved the ice cream and was ready for a second scoop. I have no limits with my relationship with ice cream.





This is downtown Cimmaron. It was big stuff during the wild west.



All places have to start somewhere. The history of Philmont is slightly detailed but the quick version starts at the Phillips' vacation home here on the ranch, which eventually was donated to the Boys Scouts of America.


Comments

Katina Angola said…
Cool pics!