Philmont

We settled in for a week at the Philmont Ranch. The weather was great. Dry but great. Next time I will pack an abundance of chapstick. The prized tree. We lucked out and had one beside our tents. It was excellent entertainment for the boys during our free time. Shade was definitely appreciated.
The Tooth of Time mountain point. If you were on the other side of the mountain it looked like a giant tooth, hence the name.


Our view from the tent.
May not sound like an ideal vacation but surprisingly our whole family had an amazing time. Each day activities were scheduled for every age group. I simply dropped my boys of to their "families" and then enjoyed my time with other women my age, while Jarom did scout/young men training. Every meal provided and free time throughout. I will say my system is still readjusting to all the "cafeteria" food I consumed. I was just so excited to not have to cook! I guess I went overboard.

Comments

Hannah Ashmore said…
sounds like boy heaven! but where are the trees? i bet that was super hot!
BiblioBags said…
Yikes! I just saw that tent and wanted to shudder . . . I'm SO not a camper. I wish I had your talent of finding the best in everything!
noelle said…
i miss camping! i love it! unfortunately, i married a man who says he is still camped out from all his boy scout days growing up. he prefers to stay in a marriott. what a loser. ha.

but really, there is nothing like the smell of campfires, s'mores, and i love so much that feeling of being cozy in my sleeping bag with the crisp cool air on my face. mmmm.
wow.. its looks like an ideal vacation retreat. the camps have been set in a really professional way. looks cool
Mary Ann said…
Are you kidding me????????
We went there as a family for our summer vacation when I was about 12 years old so my dad could do scout training. I was a Muchacha.
These pictures bring back some seriously fun memories.
I loved it as a kid. I wonder what it would be like as a mom.