Stories
I'm glad that my children have good imaginations. That they can create happy places and funny characters and grand adventures. But when does the story telling go too far?
One of my "sweet little ones" just can't seem to tell you about his day without adding a few extra lines of exaggeration. It's gotten so out of hand that I'm not sure if he even knows that he knows what he even did that day. I don't want him to think his life is boring but it's getting harder and harder to believe anything he says.
But then, what do you do when stories and exaggerating the truth become falsehoods--to say it nicely. (I hate to use the word lie or liar it just sounds so harsh and deceitful). Could it be when you watch your siblings completely take the punishment for something you know you did?
He's young. Not at an age of accountability. It's all good right? I've got to find a way to make him stop. The Boy Who Cried Wolf doesn't even phase him.
One of my "sweet little ones" just can't seem to tell you about his day without adding a few extra lines of exaggeration. It's gotten so out of hand that I'm not sure if he even knows that he knows what he even did that day. I don't want him to think his life is boring but it's getting harder and harder to believe anything he says.
But then, what do you do when stories and exaggerating the truth become falsehoods--to say it nicely. (I hate to use the word lie or liar it just sounds so harsh and deceitful). Could it be when you watch your siblings completely take the punishment for something you know you did?
He's young. Not at an age of accountability. It's all good right? I've got to find a way to make him stop. The Boy Who Cried Wolf doesn't even phase him.
Comments