What a Day

Though they were unable to determine the sex of the baby today (have I mentioned this child is already difficult), Hyrum managed to add some excitement nonetheless. . .he pulled the fire alarm.
Really, he did.
Did I also mention that my doctor's office is in the hospital?
Yeh, the entire hospital's fire alarm system was set off by his one, little curious action as I scheduled my next visit. I wonder how many surgical procedures I interrupted today?
I was pretty much humiliated. Couldn't escape, too many security and technicians heading up the stairs and of course the elevator was shut down. From there I took the authority of explaining to others it was a false alarm and to just trust me.
I still don't think Hyrum realizes that he was the cause of such chaos.
Ah. . .what a day.

Comments

Hannah Ashmore said…
Bless your heart! Do you get to do another ultrasound?
OH MY GOSH! How humiliating! Which was worse the police fiasco or this? Probably the police, but still..its a way funny (probably not at the time) story.
Flynn Fam 6 said…
OMG crazy boy! I would have gone in a bathroom and not come out until all was calm, lol! Kids do that all the time at our Wal Mart, it's par for the course! You will have a story for him the rest of his life ; )
noelle said…
i firmly believe that if our children were more well-behaved and less curious, there would be less stories to tell. and who wants to read such a boring blog? two thumbs up, hyrum. you're a good woman, laura. :)
BiblioBags said…
Whoa. WHOA! That Hyrum . . . that buddy is a man of few words but boy is he a man of action! Crazy! Glad your crazy day is over. Pedicure time! You deserve it.