My Buddy
Errands are easier and entertaining with Hyrum. His red hair and freckles seem to attract ladies from anywhere in the store just to tell him they love red-heads and ask if they can give him candy, sucker, or stickers. Maybe a wise momma shouldn't take stuff from strangers to give to her kids but you just have to follow that gut instinct and know that they are not trying to kill your child. Watching Hyrum absorb the compliments and love makes me think that humility lessons will be coming up in Family Home Evening once again.
Being with Hyrum it's rarely quiet. He follows me and talks to me about very random things or continuously sings the alphabet song or the "I Love You" Barney song (I hear them both at least 20 times a day, no joke).
He consistently comes up with excuses when I ask him to help me pick up around the house such as, "I'm missing a leg and can't walk." Followed by rolling on the floor.
When he feels he needs a break from me he goes to his trains and makes loud, happy choo-choo sounds and we build a new track almost every day. It's become part of the daily routine practically.
Ah, how I love my little buddy. He makes me smile, laugh, and makes my days better. I too love his red hair, freckles,and fair skin despite the extra money I have to spend on sun-block, his awesomely, bad cowlicks and sweet blue eyes.
Comments