Life lessons
I learn so much being a mom.
- Whoever said that the year begins in January was confused. The only year we know about is the school year and that starts in August. January really throws kids for a loop.
- Bullying is real and I never thought it would happen to one of my little dudes. Thank goodness for high self-esteem around our house. Nothing can knock them down.
- Dinner time with the family is IMPORTANT. We learn a lot about each other (and we took care of that bully).
- Kids need to experience some of your childhood experiences, no matter the danger. We survived, no?
- Part of those experiences is ignoring all warnings on the Big Wheel label (that my child kindly read to me). . .here's a few: *children should not ride without adult supervision (I knew they would be fine. there were no electric fences around anymore to wreck into) *do not ride on hills, on stairs, around rocks or trees *wear shoes at all time You can see more on the videos below.
- No matter how many times you warn them of tummy-aches they will eat as much candy as possible anyway.
Comments
And really, how would our kids learn how to deal with that kind of hard stuff if we didn't let them crash on their big wheels?
I am sad that my kids are almost all grown up and they have never owned a big wheel.
I have so many great childhood memories with big wheels and hills.