Family Reunion

This year my side of the family held our first family reunion. It was long overdue but so wonderful to be able to have all the family attend.
My parents just recently finished building their home and moving in literally a week before all the company. In honor of my brother Doug, they planted a tree and all the kids and other family members helped place the mulch. It was an emotional moment. It was a time where you really grasped eternal families.
This was one of those amazing events in life that I actually remembered my camera but left the memory card in my computer. Stupid. Stupid. I have no pictures of my own. I blame it on the pregnancy. . .along with everything else. So all these pictures are courtesy of family members.
The week was full of events, people everywhere and plenty of food to go along.
The ladies enjoyed pedicures and the men enjoyed football. The 18 cousins that were there enjoyed endless playing ( which of course included hours of big wheel riding down my parents driveway).
Thanksgiving was truly a day of gratitude. It was a little glimpse of eternity being there with my siblings, aunts, cousins, their families and of course, my own little family. The food was more than enough (is there such a thing?), and we really couldn't have asked for greater weather. It may sound mushy or even fake but it was a pure day of happiness in my eyes.
My parents just recently finished building their home and moving in literally a week before all the company. In honor of my brother Doug, they planted a tree and all the kids and other family members helped place the mulch. It was an emotional moment. It was a time where you really grasped eternal families.
In some of our "spare" time, the whole family made a trip to good ol' Rocky City Gardens to see their Christmas light display. Another night we broke down and had a crazy game night of "Minute to Win It." A little competition is good for the system. I have to congratulate my husband for being the champion! It was a close call but he won. This was a time I really wished I had my camera. There were some pretty good laughs.
It's always important to document the guys cleaning up the kitchen. Hehehe! But I wanted to thank my parents for hosting this major event and Dad for his awesome design on the shirts. We love our Irish roots but even more the shirt says it perfectly, "Families Are Forever."
Comments