Naughty or Nice

This year the threats to be placed on the "naughty" list seemed to be endless. They had officially been "naughty."
The boys didn't lose hope and tried to redeem themselves the week of Christmas, but I believe in tough love and wanted to stick to my guns. It's Christmas, I know.
For some, it was harder than others:
Hyrum is sure that he's never bad so had not a worry in the world.
Liam thought since he only asked for one thing this year that he would be safe as well.
Tipton on the other hand admitted to being nervous. He had a hard time improving on his behavior and knew that it was over for him. He just accepted the consequence.
Luckily, "Santa" has a weakness. "He" loves his children and knows being the middle kid isn't always easy. Being six is hard too, and we all have bad years. Plus, Mommy is pregnant and that makes life difficult for everyone.
The boys were awake EARLY (as in 4 something) Christmas morning. I didn't need to see their faces to know their excitement. As I laid in bed, I had to laugh a little to myself listening to their giggles and words of happiness, surprise and even relief. It makes it worth it every year.
Merry Christmas.
Comments