Surprise!

Tipton, Tipton, Tipton. This boy continually amazes me with things that he says and does.

A little history. . .he doesn't like school. He doesn't want to be there but he goes. He never speaks at school. Until recently, he just started opening up and interacting with the other kids at school instead of just observing every little thing each of them do. He still does that too!

We told his teacher that he likes football. She brought one to school and scored major points with Tipton. Unfortunately, frustration kicked in when he realized none of the other kindergartners understood football. All I can say is that I don't either!

Well here it is holiday time and presents are on the kids mind. Thankfully, they actually think about giving presents too. Tipton decided that he was going to invite his teacher over to our house for breakfast. It was so out of the blue and I was surprised that I didn't know what to say other than, "Sure, but maybe not breakfast."

He made an invitation and even gave her one of his favorite TN Titan football cards. He still invited her for breakfast so I had to send another invitation for dinner. I had never seen him so excited to give her this invitation.

Honestly, we didn't think that she would come. She's young, single, and cool. We were sure there would be some reason she wouldn't be able to attend.

Wrong we were! She made him a card back accepting his invitation and the date. She later explained to us that that was the first time he had ever approached her on his own and talked to her. She was so excited that she wasn't going to miss this opportunity for anything.

Tipton shows little excitement but this was all he could talk about. He told me her favorite foods and candy. He helped me clean and prepare everything. He planned things to do with her while she visited with us.

We are so grateful that we have been blessed with good teachers for our boys. This made his day.
He wanted to make and decorate a gingerbread house with her and Hyrum (Liam was sick). He told us that he thought it went really well and that everyone did a great job on their decorating.
Thank you Ms. Sherrod!
On another note, I'm amazed by some of the questions that Tipton ask me about during scripture study. Recently, he wanted to know how Heavenly Father was born. I tried to explain in a simple manner but told him to pray and ask Heavenly Father and he would help him understand better over time. Tiption replied, "Or I could just email Him and that would be faster."

Comments

Rach said…
that is AWESOME!!!!!