Washed Clean

As I type, I sit in awe thinking that I have an eight year old. It's really hard to believe.
Liam's actual birthday was a disaster other than the Krispy Kreme doughnuts. I'll just leave it at that. Fortunately, his birthday celebration continued for the next few days. Sunday being the best. Family makes everything better.
It was an emotional day for me. Maybe hormones but I'm pretty sure it's because I was so proud of my boy and the decision he was making that day.

He asked me to bare my testimony at his baptism. I didn't think that was much but it was far more difficult than I had expected. I stood and looked at him with his handsome face and blue eyes. I looked out and saw how many people came to support him. As Liam told a lady that apologized for not being able to make it he said, "That's OK, there were tons of people there." It was true! He is definitely loved. My heart was full. I just couldn't help from keeping the tears from flowing.
This was definitely the most touching moment for me as a mother for my child. I can only imagine what it will be like when he leaves for his mission.

Comments