2.10.11
Though he showed signs on arriving at 35 weeks, he fooled us all and held out to a full 39 weeks. The longest I have ever been pregnant. My double chin clearly shows for that and his face seems to verify that he didn't really want to come even then. I guess I can understand some of his concerns entering this crazy world.
I was induced for the first time. I wasn't very excited about it and almost completely chickened out. I just wanted to have that baby so I could eat a freakin' doughnut. Is that too much to ask for? Other than that, I had adjusted to the rather large tummy. Why force something, right? With the support of my husband, nurses, and OB I decided to stick with my decision of induction.
The three longest hours of my life and the longest labor of my life, Marshall Grant arrived. Who ever knew that delivering the baby face up would be so difficult? Jarom and I didn't even know that there was a difference. Oh believe me, there is! I can still say that I managed to do everything o-nat-u-ral. No pitocin or epidural (though going into that 3rd hour I was wishing that I might have reconsidered).
Now we have another boy in the family and we love him more than anything. The big brothers have surprisingly adapted very well.
He's got eating down; the pacifier only took around 4 tries till he found one he would take; sleeping is hit and miss at this point; and he managed to have frog legs just like all his brothers.
The famous question, who does he look like? He's got a world of many faces. You decide. We love them all and we say he looks like. . . well, Marshall.
The famous question, who does he look like? He's got a world of many faces. You decide. We love them all and we say he looks like. . . well, Marshall.
OK, well he might look like Steven Tyler with those big luscious lips.
No matter who he looks like we are glad that he is now here! Babies change everything. . . always for the better. So sweet. How can you not just love them? I am one proud momma.
Comments