Another School Year Gone- -Part 1
This year has gone by slow and fast in different ways. I hated that I couldn't volunteer more this year and be more involved. But I love that both my boys were given great teachers to work with them.
It baffles me to think that I now will have a third grader. Do you ever look at your children and wonder, "What happened? I remember him when he was just a baby." Then there have been other times that I get a quick glimpse of my boys and see them grown up and think, "He is going to be one handsome young man." I'm starting to grasp the whole "blink of an eye" concept. That's really how it feels sometimes.
We are really proud of Liam. He has continued to excel in his subjects and was even chosen out of all his class to participate in "enrichment" class once a week (that's for the advanced students). I'm bragging. It's hard not to sometimes. He loves to read and write stories. He brings stories home all the time and now with illustrations. His newest favorite is paper folding, whether it's for airplanes or just random shapes he folds it.
Alas, another school year has gone by. . .at least they know how to go out with a bang.
It baffles me to think that I now will have a third grader. Do you ever look at your children and wonder, "What happened? I remember him when he was just a baby." Then there have been other times that I get a quick glimpse of my boys and see them grown up and think, "He is going to be one handsome young man." I'm starting to grasp the whole "blink of an eye" concept. That's really how it feels sometimes.
We are really proud of Liam. He has continued to excel in his subjects and was even chosen out of all his class to participate in "enrichment" class once a week (that's for the advanced students). I'm bragging. It's hard not to sometimes. He loves to read and write stories. He brings stories home all the time and now with illustrations. His newest favorite is paper folding, whether it's for airplanes or just random shapes he folds it.
Alas, another school year has gone by. . .at least they know how to go out with a bang.
Comments