Go Bananas

We eat a lot of bananas around here. Probably our favorite fruit. It seems to work with everything. Every-now-then, we run into a banana or two that didn't make it to one of our meals and begins to ripen a little to much to eat straight from the skin. The obvious solution would be banana bread or muffins. Did that. We wanted something new.
I'm not one to go outside my comfort zone and experiment when it comes to food. I'll experiment with new recipes but not adding or changing ingredients. This was quite the adventure for us all.
And. We. Loved. It.
Banana Chocolate Chip Pancakes.
Yum!
Softest pancakes I've eaten.
(If you ever cook with self-rising flour, that's the fluffiness I'm speaking about.)
Perfect taste of sweetness.
It's our new favorite.
Here's what we did:
Followed the recipe for pancakes on the back of Bisquik
Added ONE ripe banana
Added a handful of chocolate chips. . .or maybe more. (I know it's breakfast but chocolate makes everything better.)
Mashed in the banana pretty well and then mixed it all together until moist.
Cook.
Voila!
We were so pleased with the results we purposely let another banana go ripe just so we could do it again. Unfortunately I ran out of chocolate chips (not sure how that happened. . .oh wait, I ate them all, I remember now) and had to replace with blueberries. They were just as delicious.
I'd post a picture but we ate them all. You'll just have to try them yourself.
Comments
P.S. Put chadandsarahunsakerpreview.blogspot.com on your blog list, and you will still get my updates.:)