Workin Hard for the Money
While waiting for Marshall to come into this world. I did a few little projects to occupy my impatience. Nesting was done and over with.
I'd been wanting to come up with a way to help my boys earn money without an allowance and I didn't want to pay them for chores. After finding the badge system in a Disney magazine, I took the next step and made it custom to my boys. Everything is based on independent skills. Each badge has guidelines/rules and are worth certain amounts of money once completed. I can't say that they responded with tons of enthusiasm once they learned these things would take time, but they have done well and the independence is great!
They each told me how they wanted their shirts to look. Liam wanted a sweatshirt; Tipton insisted on his collar being up; and Hyrum wanted whatever shirt he was wearing that day but it needed a v-neck.

Yes, I sat down and drew, colored, cut, laminated, and cut again (there are three of each badge for each boy). Like I said, before Marshall came I was looking for things to do. This is no longer a problem. Glad I got it done.
I'd been wanting to come up with a way to help my boys earn money without an allowance and I didn't want to pay them for chores. After finding the badge system in a Disney magazine, I took the next step and made it custom to my boys. Everything is based on independent skills. Each badge has guidelines/rules and are worth certain amounts of money once completed. I can't say that they responded with tons of enthusiasm once they learned these things would take time, but they have done well and the independence is great!
They each told me how they wanted their shirts to look. Liam wanted a sweatshirt; Tipton insisted on his collar being up; and Hyrum wanted whatever shirt he was wearing that day but it needed a v-neck.
Comments
sarabeaner55@gmail.com