Good Things in Small Packages
Blueberry Minis.
It's another family favorite
(minus Jarom who oddly doesn't eat any fruit other than bananas and cook apples).
I realize this is another blog about food but I've just decided to face the facts that our family loves food.
Desserts especially.
I'm trying to improve slowly with that passion.
I've even had the diabetes talk with them. Do parents actually do that?
I'm paranoid for obvious reasons.
These are a happy medium.
I got the original recipe here.
Then to tweak it, I just put a little more than a cup of frozen blueberries in uncoated.
Why I love these in "miniature" size beside the taste?
1. They are a lot less messy to eat.
2. A quick breakfast or snack.
3. You are getting a lot more blueberry per bite.
4. And since they are small the less cook time required (I cook around 11 minutes) therefore in my mind they are even better for you! The blueberries aren't cooked as long keeping more of the nutritional value in the fruit.
5. I just divide them up into gallon freezer bags and just pull a bag out when I want.
Mmmm. Mmmm. Good.
Comments