Chimney Rock

For my birthday Jarom planned a nice little getaway to Asheville, NC.  I could live in this beautiful city.  A-matter-of-fact, I just love North Carolina.  If Jarom ever had to take a job there I would be happy.  There are so many beautiful places there. . .I guess, if you are the mountain, trees, folk, southern type of gal.



Our first stop was Chimney Rock.  There were a lot of stairs.  Repeat. . .A LOT OF STAIRS.  If I remember correctly this park is pretty much the result of a fault.  It's just a massive rock that you can't really hike.  So they (NC peeps) built stairs.  Approximately 470.  I started to wonder if Jarom brought me here just to show me how old I was really getting.  I felt old.  I'd like to think that the most vigorous hikers even felt the shaking in their legs after a while.  I humored Jarom and I did survive.

Not to mention, Marshall was a real trooper during the hike.  I know it has to be hard sitting around in that backpack all day (yeah right!).



After hiking back down all those stairs and then a few more we finally found an actual trail. . .to the waterfall.  It was so hot that day despite all the shade.  Water sounded really nice, and it was.  The water was nice and cold.  Great for a little cool down.  The hike too was beautiful.  I enjoyed  all the plant species (I don't know about Jarom but he still listened to me blab about it).
To end the nice hike you always have to visit the "gift shop."  I had to pick a Christmas ornament.  My little tradition.  I get a ornament on any trip we go on.  Jarom is always so patient with me.  It was a fun and beautiful day.

Comments