Summer's End

This summer was fun-filled, somewhat relaxed summer.  Needless to say, it always goes quickly and manages to stay busy.
We took some time to go down to visit grandparents and cousins.  It's really my kids favorite thing to do.  Though I didn't get to see everyone planned it was still fun.
One of the days I took Hyrum down to the Choo-Choo (Chattanooga Choo-Choo) to see the trains and this massive model of the old train system that use to run through Chattanooga.  He was in heaven.  I have to say, it was super cool.


 They had these steps you could go on to see over the glass and get a better view.  It was perfect for the little guys.  It was about 45 feet long and Hyrum just ran back and forth, back and forth following all the different trains as they went through the tunnels, around the town, and over the river.  He wanted me to buy it. 

While at Grandma and Grandpa's (my parents') I can't help but enjoy the open outdoors.  But this time around I loved waking up in the morning to eat breakfast and find Grandma already out in the garden for the day's picks.  It was some yummy tomatoes, cantaloupe, and corn to name a few.
 I grew up on the side of a mountain and that green stuff on the hill is the wonderful world of kudzu. This stuff has a mind of it's own and can quickly take over everything.  Think of a cucumber plant in your garden not tamed. . .times one hundred. They say you can eat it but I'll wait til I'm starving to attempt that. I'll just leave that to the cows and goats!  Some Southerners just love it though.  I'm not a fan but really what would Georgia and Tennessee be without it?


Last but not least, definitely not least because we spent 90% of our time at the pool.  It was one hot summer.  I wish I had taken more pictures but with me and four boys (one being an infant) I had to draw the line somewhere.  We loved it.  Marshall finally got in the water and Hyrum said goodbye to the floaties. 
These pics are of Tipton working on his dive.  The diving board and water slide were a big hit.





Comments