Reverence
No Picture.
Gasp.
Just Visualize.
This afternoon we were attending a baptism. As they were saying the closing prayer I needed to open my eyes. I do have a wee, little one so opened eyes are excused. The obvious opportunity is to glance around but my attention goes straight to the other three boys to see and make sure they are in proper form. You know, folded arms, eyes closed, quiet. Happily, they were. But I also observed that while they were folding their arms, closing their eyes, eyebrows were moving up and down, one's head was bobbing back-and-forth, legs swinging, body's wiggling.
I'm not sure they heard a word said in that prayer.
I didn't.
I was too busy wondering what was going thru their little minds, songs? battles? MarioKart? refreshments? and thinking to myself "Oh brother, I have failed."
The song goes, "Reverence is MORE than just quietly sitting." Let's hope it has nothing to do with it at all! Of course, then the song would say, "It's thinking of Father above." So much for that.
Ahhhh, but then I remember...
They were quiet.
Their arms were folded.
Their eyes were closed.
Baby steps, Laura. Baby steps.
Comments