It's Football Time!
It would be injustice not to record our life adventures during football season considering it's such a big part of our lives for most of Fall. There are so many things I love about this time of year outside of the colors and weather. I don't necessarily watch football but I can't help but like having it on TV or being at the game. I love things that unify people and calls for regular gatherings. To me that's my immediate association with football next to the color red, blue and food. I get choked up every time I hear the National Anthem and watching people participate in different traditions. Not that all traditions are good but somehow it's fascinating to see how so many live on.
I give Jarom a hard time about the money he spends and time that gets occupied with the season but he knows he can count on me to not hesitate to put out some dishes if he says he's invited company for a game or stock up for the road and tailgating. It's weird if I dont' hear the TV (sometimes I turn it on myself just for the sake of it) with games not going on most of the day and hearing the boys shouting and scream (because we all the know the coaches and refs can hear you and it will help the game). But mostly I love that it's become a tradition with our family to go to a few games every year. Our boys LOVE it and look forward to it every year.
4 weeks late . . .
The long drive.
Cotton fields.
I don't know what others think about when they hear Mississippi but I think, deep South and traditions, beautiful homes, and a beautiful campus. I was not disappointed.
We were about two blocks from downtown Oxford. These are just a few of the homes we past on our walks. Oxford had such character and history along every street. I think I need a bigger porch.
Comments