One of Those Sundays

Here I am laid up in bed trying to sleep but I can't.  I've got three rambuctious boys running around the house or playing games with their not-so quiet-voices.  I have pink eye and some other sinus goobley-goop as does Marshall.  Marshall seems to be managing better than me.  This is one of those days that I wish my hubbby could be home but is tied up with tithing settlement and following with Stake Priesthood meeting.
I put Liam in charge of lunch.  He immediately responded to this and got very bossy.   He made his brothers mac-n-cheese with ketchup (what?) and himself raman noodles.  I was impressed.  Still couldn't sleep.  Then he organized a game of Junior Monopoly (so it sounded like) but now I'm hearing loud thumps downstairs that I don't even want to imagine what might be going on.  The temptation to take some Nyquil to knock me out cold but I won't give in!  All part of motherhood.
I shouldn't complain.  As rough as the day seems it's days like these that help me see how blessed I am.  I love Sundays that give me a chance to reflect and relax.  Now Marshall has ended his rest.  Duty calls.

Comments