Rewind

It's Sunday evening. 
My kids are nicely tucked away in bed, asleep. 
It's not even 9 o'clock. 
Nice. 

Jarom's been gone all day and is now relaxing with a bowl of ice cream and refreshing his mad skills on Mario Kart.  He's unlocked Daisy.  The character he always picks and has to be the most annoying one.  Her sound affects are "Whoa!" "Yeah" and if she wins, "I'm the best!"  (imagine high-pitched cheerleady voice)  Yep, Jarom's all about Daisy.  Though he must not be doing too hot because I just overheard a big sigh.  Liam still holds a few records over him and Jarom's got to regain his title back.  Sounds crazy but let's face it, Mario Kart is one of the best games out there!

ON to more important things. . .

BIRTHDAYS!!!! 

They stack up around this time of year.  I will say that I managed them much better than the last few.  As in, I was actually prepared and bought most of their gifts in advance.  MIRACLE!!!!  I attempted to avoid any baking because we all know that goes badly for me.  I managed that avoidance well for one and failed with the other.  You can guess the result was "Eww, this is not that good."  "Daddy's is much better than this."  DADDY *clinched teeth with very fake smile* would have made the dessert because mine are so horrible but wasn't going to be able to this year and I had to stand in.  I tried.  It wasn't that bad.

A football game fell the day after Tipton's birthday.  An important game for Georgia.  Tipton didn't mind.  He's ALL about football.  He just wanted to go down a day early and stay in a hotel for his big day.  And so we did.  I think he had a pretty awesome time.  Might I add Georgia won. 


 



Liam's birthday was the same night as the Ward Christmas party.  He wanted to skip it.  Jarom being Bishop couldn't quite get out of this one.  So we had to postpone his birthday slightly.  Liam also didn't know what he wanted and said for us to "surprise" him.  You would think that would be easy.  Quite the challenge.  It's one thing for them to really want something so bad to finally get it and see the excitement.  But to make sure they are happy with whatever we come up with was mind boggling.  We finally came up with something that has turned out very exciting for Liam but it wasn't big physically so disappointing at the actual reveal of the gift.  What do you do?  Christmas is around the corner. . .and he just wants Santa to surprise him as well.  Ugh.





(And I just heard Daisy's "I'm the best!"  Jarom must have won that race.)

For one final gift for each of the boys I gave them each a photo book of themselves from birth to the age five.  All kids love to look at themselves and the boys did enjoy going through their own photo albums.  I literally have everything on my computer.

Liam and Tipton have both been a wonderful gift in our lives.  Watching them grow up has been fun and interesting.  It's a constant learning experience.  I enjoy that they are so different.  Yet they both can make me smile, laugh, and drive me to my last straw.  I thank my Heavenly Father for each of you everyday.

We love you.

Comments

Candace said…
I totally know how you feel on Sunday's. Cody was called to be Bishop two months ago for the Spanish ward (we don't go to church together since it's all in Spanish)...just in time for tithing settlement. :) I miss you!