Happy New Year!

I can happily say that this year has started off on a very good foot.

I have to begin with Hyrum.  As I've been sitting here browsing the internet and blogging, he's been sitting on the toilet singing I Am A Child of God.  He sounds so peaceful.

Secondly, FOOD.  What better way to finish up one year and start the next with some good food.  Courtesy of our many Filipino friends in our ward.  They invited us to celebrate with a brunch.  I tried everything.  Some of it I will never touch again and others I couldn't get enough.  The kids were skeptical, except for the variety of sausage, and stuck with an American dishes they served.  I must say anything that still has the eyes, skin, and pretty much it's whole body, just in pieces, sitting on a platter, I will now on avoid.  Overall, it was delicious and I left fully stuffed.




Third, meet our own Joe Dirt.  Remember that movie?  Completely messed up but every time I see Marshall and his handsomely, hideous mullet I can't help but think of ol' Dirt.  He's almost a year and we try to stick it out until then.  We are cutting it close.  No pun intended. 




Last, making room for new things. Goodbye baby teeth!  Tipton has had his two front teeth dangling for weeks now and Daddy finally pulled them out.  It was a little drama.  (Hyrum threw his teeth in the garbage.  Luckily they were in a baggy.)
I had just recently told him to eat his collard greens that would give him money in his pocket. (Southern New Year tradition. . . eat greens for the cash and black eyed peas for change).  Lo' and behold, the Tooth Fairy leaves two dollars.  How's that for cash?  Liam is now seriously considering eating some collard greens because he set a goal to earn $40 this year.

Comments