Table Conversation

Having FOUR boys can make life interesting, especially at the dinner table.  Our conversations can be nice and calm but that's a rare occasion.  They mostly consist of silliness or bodily humor (shocking, I know), while their Dad laughs and encourages and I sit at the end wondering "What went wrong?  It all started out so nicely."  Maybe I should lighten up?
One evening a conversation I never imagined would happen at our table.  Marriage.  Yes, I said marriage.  The boys were blabbing on and on about their future and when they get married.  It was definitely interesting.  They actually thought about some of these things.  Okay, well maybe only Liam but that alone was surprising.
Here's what I have to look to in my future:
Liam: I will have two kids.  A boy and a girl.  My boy will be named David (after David Villa and David in the Lion's Den).  Yes, Liam so glad that David is so important since you don't even know that it was Daniel in the lion's den.  My girl's name will be be Caroline.  Caroline Poopyhead.  Ah surprise, bodily humor.  I should have known.  Your daughter will be scarred for life.
Tipton:  I want three kids.  Two boys and one girl.  There's a name I really want to name my girl.  It's my favorite.  I just can't remember it.  My boys I want to name Mitchell and Morris.  I love both of those names.  They have always been my favorites.  Uhm, weird, and I'm sure they have ALWAYS been your favorite, Dear.  We'll scratch the middle names because that got out of hand.  Of course, it had to do with more disgusting names.
Hyrum:  I just won't even bother.  If it had the word "poop" in it that would be his name.  I don't think he wanted any girls.
When this conversation began I was sure that this would be an exciting topic.  One I might actually enjoy.  Because seriously, I thought only girls named their kids years in advance.  Guess not.  I just got to witness the BOY version of future parenthood.
I might also add that they wanted to know whether I would be Grandma or Grandmother.  I'd prefer neither.  That was weird to imagine.  They decided that I shouldn't be either.  Agreed.

Comments

I still remember going to the Smartt's house when I was a little girl and all of them joked about poop and farting or fluffing as my family calls it. It was hilarious. I think they got it from Paw Paw, well Phil got it from Paw Paw and they got it from Phil. So thank Paw Paw..my brothers are exactly the same.