Easter Traditions

Easter traditions, we don't have any.
Jarom and I always talk about doing better at having some but we've yet to do so.
I don't do the Easter bunny.
Never figured that one out.
I get Santa and Christmas, but a bunny?




We did dye eggs and do a hunt.
A-matter-of-fact, here we are a week later and we are still finding eggs.
Tipton found a hard-boiled egg and ate it.
I wanted to gag and DID panic as soon as he told me.
Surprisingly he didn't get sick.
I'm still amazed it didn't even phase him.
Ewww!
It makes my stomach queezy just thinking about it.




There are always food traditions.
We don't have those either, but I'm thinking I'm on to something.
No deviled eggs.
I know, blasphemy.
We aren't huge ham fans either.
I've probably got Southern ladies passing out at this point.
With Church being at 1:00 this year I decided to take it easy.
Real easy.
We ate just the hard boiled eggs.
Ham sandwich slices.
Rolls.
Diced up some colby-monterrey cheese.
Hot spinach-artichoke dip.
Fruit salad.
Everyone was happy.
I think I just found my Easter menu.

Shopping traditions.
This is a tradition I feel I should incorporate next year.
New beginnings, re-birth, new clothes. . .
I can see the relation.

The real reason.
A tradition we would like to start for our kids is simply to have them understand the Resurrection.
The birth of Christ is important.
But I feel without the Atonement and Resurrection our life would be void.
It gives meaning really to everything we do here on this earth.
Why we live.
What we are living for.
Christ birth calls for celebration.
That He died and lives again, calls for gratitude.
Teaching gratitude is difficult.

I love going to church and seeing visitors and members attend that don't come normally.
Easter is like the New Year in religion.
People come in their new clothes and try to start again.
My cousin has come with me the past two years.
I think she has enjoyed being with my family and hearing the words of encouragement.
I'm glad that she is there with me.

Jarom filled one egg with $5 and let Liam hide it for the adults.
This was the HOT spot.
The boy kept saying we were scorching.
It was entertaining to watch us frantically try to find it first.

Comments