Pinewood Derby

Every year the pinewood derby comes around and we are frantically trying to get a car ready.  Well, technically this is really only the second year but it still gets frantic.  It's all Liam talks about for weeks.  Trying to find the time to work on a little car is difficult with a house full and preparing to move.
I set aside one week. 
Liam and I found a design and went from there.  In the end we strayed slightly from our original plan but that's how it always goes, no?  I have to confess that as much as I hate making the time to work on the car, I always enjoy actually working on it.
By racing day Liam is a nervous wreck.  His anxiety and thoughts of the worst start kicking in and by the time we arrive to the church he's decided his car is probably the slowest.  I accredit this negativity to his father.
The good news, Liam placed THIRD!  He set a goal to win a trophy this year and be better than last year.  He did.  We were all excited with the results.
Next year I get to help build two.  Oh boy.


The 1CT.
Liam named this the 100-Cyclops-Tiger.



The races this year were VERY close.  It was debatable really who won first, second, and third just because of the randomness of the races.  But the computer makes the final decision.  We were pleased.


3rd! (He was car #14 out of 15)


Congratulations, Liam!

Comments