“Use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without”

At the beginning of each school year the boys get new shoes.   Though some of the cheaper shoes my kids find to be "cool" they do not last.  I've also learned that expensive ones last, but this is how they appear by the end of the school year.
I don't know what my boys do but they are ROUGH on their shoes.  I should probably buy them some new ones but I just can't bring myself to do it. 
I noticed that Liam and Tipton tied their shoes at the beginning of the school year and haven't tied them again since, except for maybe once or twice.  They just slip them on.  "It's so much faster!"  It drives me crazy watching Tipton cause he just stomps until his feet go in and I can see the backs getting all bent out of shape.  I don't see how they handle having such loose shoes?
I'm afraid if I wash them they will fall apart.


Hyrum's. 
He must run scraping his toes.

Tipton's. 
I can tell his feet move all around in his shoes because the inside sole is worn away.

Liam's.
I'm not sure what this boy does at recess and school but you should see these shoes in real life!
There is no inside sole.  Those pretty much deteriorated.  I found half of one in the laundry.

Well, school is drawing to an end soon and then these will make excellent play shoes until the next school year.  Then hello, garbage.

Comments