In Transition
Moving is a beast. There is so much to do. I had this whole list of things I wanted to do before we moved and then all the things I have to do before we can move in.
We have laready moved and of course I didn't complete my list. Instead, I think it got longer! I hate leaving feeling like I had so much left unfinished. However, we still partied until the end (and I gained about 10 lbs in the process).
The Run Down
Soccer.
This year Liam, Tipton, and Hyrum all played. I also agreed to coach. It was busy. Four days a week at the soccer fields. I will definitley think that thru the next time sign-ups comes around.
Liam had a great season. He was asked to participate on the AYSO nationals team but with our move it just wouldn't work. The compliment was enough. He also was MVP for his team, again. His coach loved him. He always made sure we knew how much he enjoyed Liam as a player on his team.
Poor Tipton had a rough season. I don't think they won a single game. That's difficult for Tipton. He still played hard and ended his season with two goals in the final game. He was one of the only players that ever scored on his team. And of course, I don't have a single picture. Feeling ashamed right now.
Hyrum's first year was fun. He enjoyed getting out there but nothing too serious for him. He's quick but not very focused (most 4 year olds aren't). He didn't win many of his games either but they don't keep score anyway. Hyrum is so easy going it really didn't make much difference. He just had fun.
School.
One of the hardest things to leave was the boys' school. I loved their school. The teachers and parents I was able to work with, I just couldn't have asked for better.
Tipton was loved by his teacher and she made a special effort to show how much he was loved in his class. She knew he loved Georgia and bought him a GA folder and GA notebook to draw and write in to his little heart's content. She also had all the kids from his class write him a letter had it binded and laminated into a little book. She then took from her class time and threw him a going away party. Talk about special. Mrs. Webb we love you!
Third grade kept Liam busy with his extra gifted courses in Math and Reading, TCAPS to prepare for, and being old enough to make the track team. That boy 'bout wore me thin!
Once again, another fantastic teacher and talk about a top-notch class to work with as well as parents. I really enojyed getting to be around the parents of his classmates. I really felt like my child was in private school.
So many parents and teachers told me how much they would miss Liam. He was such a great student and example to others. That puts a smile on any mother's face. Many knew of our situation and would volunteer to help with rides or anything so that Liam could fully participate in all the activites before he moved. Thank you for such love to all those friends.
The PE teacher had Liam hold the torch and lead the procession for field day, his last day of school. He was super excited. He was only a third grader! (I guess normally a fifth grader gets that privilege.) Of course, those pictures are on my cell phone and I don't know how to get it to my computer.
With track Liam's team placed second in our region and got to compete at the University of Tennesses for the finals against the other regions. That didn't end well and I will leave it at that, but it was still an exciting and big day.
You can find the teachers bags I made here.
We have laready moved and of course I didn't complete my list. Instead, I think it got longer! I hate leaving feeling like I had so much left unfinished. However, we still partied until the end (and I gained about 10 lbs in the process).
The Run Down
Soccer.
This year Liam, Tipton, and Hyrum all played. I also agreed to coach. It was busy. Four days a week at the soccer fields. I will definitley think that thru the next time sign-ups comes around.
Liam had a great season. He was asked to participate on the AYSO nationals team but with our move it just wouldn't work. The compliment was enough. He also was MVP for his team, again. His coach loved him. He always made sure we knew how much he enjoyed Liam as a player on his team.
Quick side story . . .
Hyrum went to Liam's soccer party with Liam and me. It was a pool party. The boys couldn't wait to go swimming for the first time this summer. Hyrum had mastered swimming without floaties last summer. The school year is a long break from swimming apparently. I didn't think twice about it, but when Hyrum decided to go off the diving board first thing and couldn't manage to come back up I had to jump in--fully dressed. Yep, jeans white t-shirt (not a white brasier), and we had just arrived. I still had another hour or two to sit and "enjoy." Had one of the parents not panicked I seriously probably would have made him start kicking harder and try to swim. I guess I did what I was suppose to do. The host gave him some floaties and jumped right back in not thinking twice.
The sweetest part afterwards on the way home, Liam said how he was happy nothing happened to Hyrum.
Hyrum's first year was fun. He enjoyed getting out there but nothing too serious for him. He's quick but not very focused (most 4 year olds aren't). He didn't win many of his games either but they don't keep score anyway. Hyrum is so easy going it really didn't make much difference. He just had fun.
School.
One of the hardest things to leave was the boys' school. I loved their school. The teachers and parents I was able to work with, I just couldn't have asked for better.
Tipton was loved by his teacher and she made a special effort to show how much he was loved in his class. She knew he loved Georgia and bought him a GA folder and GA notebook to draw and write in to his little heart's content. She also had all the kids from his class write him a letter had it binded and laminated into a little book. She then took from her class time and threw him a going away party. Talk about special. Mrs. Webb we love you!
Tipton and his BEST FRIEND EVER. . .as you can see they were inseperable. True buddies.
Third grade kept Liam busy with his extra gifted courses in Math and Reading, TCAPS to prepare for, and being old enough to make the track team. That boy 'bout wore me thin!
Once again, another fantastic teacher and talk about a top-notch class to work with as well as parents. I really enojyed getting to be around the parents of his classmates. I really felt like my child was in private school.
So many parents and teachers told me how much they would miss Liam. He was such a great student and example to others. That puts a smile on any mother's face. Many knew of our situation and would volunteer to help with rides or anything so that Liam could fully participate in all the activites before he moved. Thank you for such love to all those friends.
The PE teacher had Liam hold the torch and lead the procession for field day, his last day of school. He was super excited. He was only a third grader! (I guess normally a fifth grader gets that privilege.) Of course, those pictures are on my cell phone and I don't know how to get it to my computer.
With track Liam's team placed second in our region and got to compete at the University of Tennesses for the finals against the other regions. That didn't end well and I will leave it at that, but it was still an exciting and big day.


Comments