And We Partied. . .
Before we left Knoxville, our friends treated us like royalty. I know I needed to get it down so I would never forget the great friends we have been in our lives. I know I won't forget but I can't predict not having alzheimers or just simply going crazy (which is likely). . .so, just in case.
We had so much fun. Kids running wild (thank goodness for our friends' huge yard), lots of yummy food, and once again, great company if not the best. It was great to see all the people that we had become close to thru the years in one place. It was a happy feeling.
We had so much fun. Kids running wild (thank goodness for our friends' huge yard), lots of yummy food, and once again, great company if not the best. It was great to see all the people that we had become close to thru the years in one place. It was a happy feeling.
Surprisingly, this wasn't all. One of our friends (Jennifer H.) had put together a potluck with the ward for us. It was a surprise!!!!! For a month or so she had been secretly plotting with leaders of the ward to throw this going-away-potluck for us after church. The surprise was so successful that they actually had to tell us because we were going to leave after church! Being with our friends was a happy feeling. Being at the potluck with our ward family was a special feeling. Hugs and loving words to Jarom and me, I think we were both overwhelmed with emotion. We could hardly eat. Don't worry though, we did eat and IT WAS DELICIOUS.
The young women also gave me a party and some of my closest friends. That's on my lollyblog.
And some people wonder why it was so hard to leave!
Comments