July 4th

I must first apologize there are no pictures. 

It's been a month since we have moved in and I decided to host the fourth of July gathering at our place.  I was so excited to have a big party, finally!
This is something that has been a tradition with Jarom's family as long as I can remember.  For a while it was held at his sister's house and then as the fireworks got bigger (and probably messier) they moved to Phil and Gloria's place (Jarom's parents).  It's always been a fun time together.
With Jarom's parents on their mission we weren't sure how we would manage, they provided all the fireworks!  We managed.  We all pitched in to buy fireworks and my neighbors brought a wheelbarrow full of fireworks as well.  What a show!
I was so thrilled everything turned out well.  We had 23 adults and 9 children.  I actually had enough room for everyone to eat and not feel crowded.  There was TONS of food.  Good food.  What's a party without great food?  It was nice to hear people say, "I am stuffed.  The food was so good."  That makes any hostess happy.  It was potluck, I can't take all the credit.
My favorite part was looking at everyone sitting all across the porch looking out at the fireworks and kids running around the driveway with sparklers.  It just put a smile on my face.  I love my porch, I can't lie.  That was a picture I needed.  Then to hear Jarom top it off in his "Phil Smartt" voice after a big firework, "Gloria, write that one down!  That was good one. Put that one on the list!"  Everyone just bust out laughing. 
What a wonderful evening to celebrate our Independence.  I look forward to it next year.

Comments